Greetings Presenters! Congratulations on being selected to present at the 2022 World Seagrass Conference on 8-9 August, 2022. This webpage will be updated regularly as new information becomes available that will help you plan your Talk, Lightning Talk, or Poster Presentation.
Each WSC session will be 90 minutes. These 90-minute sessions will accommodate six 15-minute Talks, or a combination of 15-minute Talks and 5-minute Lightning Talks. Each session will be different and is up to the discretion of the session conveners.
TALKS: If you were invited to present a Talk, we ask that you plan for an 11-12 minute presentation. The remaining time in the timeslot will be allocated to a brief Question & Answer period and then a transition to the next speaker. All Presentations should be saved in and uploaded in both powerpoint and pdf format in a 16:9 ratio.
LIGHTNING TALKS: If you were invited to present a Lightning Talk, we ask that you plan for a 4-minute presentation. The remaining time will be allocated to a brief Question & Answer period and then a transition to the next speaker. All Presentations should be saved in and uploaded in both powerpoint and pdf format in a 16:9 ratio.
ALL presenters are asked to submit their presentations online. You will receive an email containing a link where you may upload your presentation. If you are unable to submit your presentation online for any reason, please be prepared to share it via thumb drive upon registration. More details regarding when and where to submit your presentations will be provided via email in the weeks preceding the event.
POSTERS: The Poster Session & Reception will take place in the conference hotel atrium on Tuesday evening, 9 August, from 6:00 PM EST - 8:00 PM EST.
- Set Up: All presenters are asked to set up their posters on Tuesday, 9 August between 7:00am - 12:00pm EST. Please check in at the registration desk in the atrium to find out your poster location.
- We ask that all presenters be in place by 5:40pm EST for the start of the Poster Reception and remain in place until the end of the evening.
- Posters can remain up until 5:00pm EST on Wednesday, August 10th. Presenters are responsible for removing their poster prior to that time.
- To accommodate two posters per poster display board, posters should be oriented vertically (portrait) and no larger than 3ft wide x 4ft tall (.9m x 1.2m).
- Poster presenters should plan to be near their posters for the duration of the session to discuss their research and answer questions.
- All posters should include the presenter's contact information so that session attendees can contact you later for further discussion.
- If you would like to have your poster printed in Annapolis, we recommend Sir Speedy printers of Annapolis. They're just down the street from the hotel. We've confirmed that you can email them a PDF of your poster and have them print it and ready for pick-up when you get to town. Be sure to have the size set and indicate the size in the email (remember that your poster can be no larger than 3ft wide x 4ft tall (.9m x 1.2m). Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. You can also go to Sir Speedy (90 West St. Annapolis) when you arrive and have them print your poster the same day. Posters are $60 USD to print.